.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Friday, June 06, 2008

Falling in Love

Today, my parents are coming to the Cities. Tomorrow morning, we'll load up the stuff that my family is storing or wants to take and head back to Wisconsin for the weekend. Monday, we'll start the journey down to Kansas City, by way of Ames, Iowa (where my nephew is living). Wednesday morning, at 10:00 am Central Time, during the celebration of Holy Mass according to the Extrodinary Form, I will enter the community of the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles.

I am not going to delete the blog, perhaps after years of inaction Blogger will delete it for me but I hope it, and Roamin' Roman, will remain available for more people to discover - especially about roaming in Rome!

It is possible that this blog will continue under the care of a friend of mine, but whether it does or does not, know that all of you whom I have gotten to know through these years of keeping the blogs will be ever in my daily prayers.

Please keep me and the community in your prayers, and if you ever get to Norcia, Italy (scroll to bottom of the page), please pray about sending your Sisters some of that famous monastery milk chocolate from the monks' store! :)

Prayer requests (and chocolate ;) can be sent to me and the community at:

Mary Gibson
Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
Priory of Our Lady of Ephesus
1400 NE 42nd Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64116

I leave you with this beautiful piece of prayerful advice, which the Lord has placed before me in multiple places and in surprising ways of late, so I am taking it to heart! It sums up exactly what it means for all of us to discover and embrace our vocation, which is truly an embrace of Him, our Beloved, and the fulfillment of our meaning:

Falling in Love

"Nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is, than falling in a love in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything.
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the mornings,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you spend your weekends,
what you read, who you know,
what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.
Fall in love, stay in love,
and it will decide everything."

~ Servant of God Pedro Arrupe, S.J.


I pray that you, too, will fall in love with Love, and stay in Love eternally! Dio ti benedica!

~Mary Gibson

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Mary, I am ecstatic for you and selfishly sad for me as I've so enjoyed your blogs over the past 2 years.

You and your sisters are in my prayers. Have a safe trip!

God bless!

June 07, 2008 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for telling us you plans for the next few days and the lovely prayerful advice. I hope all goes well on Wednesday and I want you to know that you will be in my prayers as you start your new life.
God Bless and Mary keep you and your new family.

June 08, 2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger John Paul Sonnen said...

Congratulations, Mary! Pray for and remember us and nd Rome awaits your return.

Allora, Dio ti benedica!

June 10, 2008 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Connie said...

Mary, hello from the Philippines. I was looking for the Veritatis Splendor text and got into your blog. Reading your posts filled me again with the emotion I share with your parents on having a daughter enter the convent - our daughter too entered the convent in 2007, after a year's work at a local Benedictine school. My prayers for you and the nuns at your convent.

Connie

November 23, 2011 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation